Archive for August, 2010
PTA will provide hot dogs and veggie burgers.
Families are asked to bring the following dishes to share.
- Children’s House – Dishes (salads, casseroles, fruits, vegetables, chips/dip)
- Lower Elementary – Drinks (pouches, bottles or cans)
- Upper Elementary – Desserts
We’re also collecting gently used toys, books, puzzles and games to be donated.
The staff at Border Star would like to thank the following families for coming to help at the Indoor/Outdoor workday and the Garden “Party”
- Mary Ellen DeCoursey
- Paula and Jonathan Busser with Grace, Olivia, Freya and Finn
- Alonzo and Theresa Wyatt with Alesea, Autumn and Alonzo Jr.
- Mary Silwance with Imani and Verena
- Sarah and Tug McTighe with Nick and Sean
- Edwina and Dwon Littlejohn with Macy and Alycia
- Annie and Nate Borders with Leonardo
- Lance Duffin and Emery
- Patty and Michael Reynolds with Sophia
- Olo, Mary Ellen and Eve Szylleyko
- Brian McAree and Aiden
- Teresa and Robert Ratliff
We would also like to thank Border Star parent Dave VonFintel for the referral to the Rockhurst Service Day for Freshman. We were truly blessed to have an entire busload of excited new Rockhurst students come to help and support wearing their matching t-shirts!
We painted the office lavender, painted the swingset, made a mulch walking path, painted parking lot lines, WEEDED and ate some yummy pizza.
We would also like the thank Wornall Road Baptist Church and Pastor Mark for providing the teachers with a decadent Welcome Back luncheon on Monday with gifts and flowers.
And another HUGE thank you to Vicki Chaffin for the wonderful mural as you walk in the front door and to Edwina Littlejohn’s father Thomas Parrish for building the new classroom mailboxes.
Join Us for a Back-to-School Clean-Up Garden Party!
Saturday, August 21st
4:30 – 7:00 pm
We’ll be getting together to spruce up our garden and prairie before school starts back in earnest. Bring the whole family; we’ll have drinks (adult and kids) and food. Please consider bringing your own plates, cups, utensils and napkins in keeping with our earth friendly endeavors.
Also bring gardening tools for weeding, clipping and trimming!
Come catch up with old friends, make some new ones and make our garden area nice and shiny for the start of the new school year.